Our Harvest Festival Mass this year will be followed by a Parish Lunch in the hall. Tickets are available from Lorraine, Elizabeth or Fr Johannes at the cost of £2.50 per person.
As you can guess from the ticket price this is not a fundraiser, but a community building event. Those who can afford it are most welcome to pay more for their lunch to support the event and help us to break even.
All food is vegetarian, but we can cater for most dietary needs. Please make your needs known when you buy a ticket.
On the day of the Harvest Festival we will collect things for Leicester City of Sanctuary, the charity in the city supporting refugees and asylum seekers. They usually need very specific things (e.g. nappies or toiletries) and I will publish a list of things needed in the next few weeks. To read about their activities and goals see here.
Help is needed to make the day a success. There is a sign-up sheet in church if you are able to give us a hand.
We need help
- to set up the hall on Saturday 09th October from 9am
- help cooking (e.g. cutting vegetables) on Saturday 9th October from 9am
- help serving food during the event
- clear up the hall on Sunday afternoon, remove tables, clean the hall
- help with the washing up after the event on Sunday afternoon